For recommendations regarding monitoring during treatment, see Ongoing Monitoring.
- Patients with prior malignancy or with increased risk of malignancy: evaluate the benefits and risks of the use of MAVENCLAD on an individual patient basis
- Females and males of reproductive potential should prevent pregnancy by use of effective contraception during MAVENCLAD dosing and for at least 6 months after the last dose in each treatment course
- Because of the risk of fetal harm, do not take MAVENCLAD if you are pregnant or of childbearing potential. Both men and women should use effective birth control while taking MAVENCLAD.
- Women using systemically acting hormonal contraceptives should add a barrier method during MAVENCLAD dosing and for at least 4 weeks after the last dose in each treatment course
- MAVENCLAD is contraindicated in women intending to breastfeed on a MAVENCLAD treatment day and for 10 days after the last dose
- Initiation of MAVENCLAD in patients currently receiving immunosuppressive or myelosuppressive therapy is not recommended